First draft of Leaving Paris is complete


There is now a complete first draft of Leaving Paris, which means it's time to print this baby up and sit down with a red pen to begin edits. Then it's on to Kathy Dean, who has edited all of my manuscripts before they go to the press for another edit. My self-imposed deadline for getting Leaving Paris to Sibling Rivalry Press has been May 2015, but I think it will happen before the end of winter. Just after the holidays, I'm meeting with a book publicist to discuss marketing for Leaving Paris and the trilogy as a whole. The next couple of years are going to be very exciting, and I'm ready to visit new cities, share my fiction and meet readers. 

Also in the new year, a trip to London and Paris, which will mark the 20th anniversary of the visit that inspired The Venus Trilogy of novels. I'm saving my pennies to afford a night or two in the Bel-Air Hotel (now called Le General) on rue Rampon. While Leaving Paris will be complete by then, I hope to write something there for the novel – maybe the acknowledgements. 

If you haven't read the first two books – Conquering Venus and Remain In Light – you can pick up the paperbacks or eBooks directly from Sibling Rivalry Press, an indie bookstore near you, Amazon, B&N and Smashwords

You can also listen to a playlist of music at Spotify that has inspired me while working on Leaving Paris at the link below. Happy Holidays, everyone, and watch for another update soon! 


Comments

Popular Posts